I’ve been collecting blurbs for my upcoming memoir. In addition, one writer pulled out some lines from my book that he liked a lot. I am sharing these lines below.
• I’ve become the best-behaved little girl, but my hair is still unruly.
• She will tuck our mother back into the past, not worthy of any more effort, and I will do the same.
• Once Catholics, we had stopped going to church several years ago, jumped right off the moving sidewalk of sacraments before her Confirmation.
• I can feel her regret that is so vast it could swallow her; I think her grief might turn her to particles, to the dust in the desert she lives in.
• In this moment, the art is everything.
Happy Monday and Happy Creating!